15 November 2012

BeautyMart at Harvey Nichols


When I first heard about the BeautyMART concession launching in Harvey Nichols I was on a train to Manchester listening in to someone else's conversation and I could not have been more excited by the concept - of the BeautyMART that is and not eavesdropping on public transport!

If you're not already familiar with the BeautyMART (and it's regional counterparts) let me fill you in: it's a selection of carefully edited beauty products from around the world selected by Millie Kendall (of Ruby and Millie fame) and former beauty director Anna-Marie Solowijj. Together they've used their wealth of industry knowledge, experience and insight to bring together some of the biggest names and cult brands. As it is a selective edit the BeautyMART does not stock the entire range of any brand, rather a product or a small selection of products.

Yesterday I finally made my way to the Third Floor of Harvey Nics and after much meandering, what can I say; I'm a Harrods girl at heart and my previous visits to Harvey Nics have never extended past Wagamama on the lower ground floor... Anyway, I finally found the directional stickers on the floor and lo-and-behold, the BeautyMART itself.

At this point I'd like to say that upon my discovery of the BeatyMART I felt a moment of enlightenment but I didn't; my first impression wasn't 'wow, I've found my beauty shopping heaven' but 'wow, isn't it tiny?!' - I've seen shops afford more floor space to their jewellery stands which was a disappointment as the beauty hall on the ground floor was wonderfully designed and very spacious - on the third floor I nearly ended up in a rack of jumpers looking at cleanser!

Anyway, on to what I bought!


Bioderma Crealine H20

I'm pretty sure you've all seen and heard about Bioderma before so I'll not bore you with the same declaration of love you've no doubt heard or made yourself. 


I picked up this handy little 100ml bottle so that I don't have to carry around my big bottle if I go away for the night or weekend. It's super handy to have, it's within the restrictions for flying and I can always decant from my bigger bottle.

As a makeup artist, Bioderma is a Godsend. It is absolute perfection when you've got a long shoot, particularly with a lot of different eye looks as it is so gentle and effective. 

Side Note: I keep reading that Bioderma was previously unavailable to buy in the UK but as my fellow makeup artists will know, this is not the case. Guru Makeup Emporium in Fulham stock a variety of products from both Bioderma and Embryolisse.

Bioderma Crealine H2o - £6.50 for 100ml

EOS Lip Balm Sphere

I bought this product on hype and hype alone, I've heard such good things about it and I love the novelty of the spherical shape and just how different it is.


I decided on Sweet Mint although 'summer fruit', 'lemon drop (with SPF 15)' and 'honeysuckle honeydew' were also available and were heavenly. 

The EOS products are 100% natural and 95% organic and are packed with a range of antioxidants, oils and other goodies to keep your lips soft and moisturised. 

EOS Lip Balm Sphere - £6

BeautyMART is also packed full of products from high street brands including Bourjois, Batiste and Revlon (including limited edition and previously unavailable nail polish colours) as well as many others.

As useful as it is to have your high street and higher end products in the same place, I'd have much more preferred they utilised what little space they have to showcase cult and niche products like Bioderma, Embryolisse and EOS rather than slotting it in around brands you can find on every high street in the country.

With that being said I think the BeautyMART is an excellent concept and I will no doubt visit again when I will hopefully be purchasing some DHC products amongst others. I think I was just expecting something that would really blow me away.

Have you visited the BeautyMART in Harvey Nichols or elsewhere in the UK?

Vicky x

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. This is the first time I hear about this and I actually can't wait to visit one! xx

    ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. They've got some really interesting bits to buy! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shari - I'm really impressed with mine so far! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig