30 November 2012

NOTD: Essie 'Leading Lady'

Bottom row: Left - one coat; Right - two coats.


Apologies for the iPhone pictures but I was SO excited by this nail polish that I couldn't wait to share it with you!

Whilst doing my Christmas shopping earlier I found myself, as I often do, aimlessly wandering around the cosmetics section when I spotted the Essie stand. I always take a look but I own so many nail polishes (seriously, I have issues) that most of the time I'm looking for something different to catch my eye or something to really jump out at me. I don't want to jump onto a trend colour just because everyone else is when I've got at least three similar shades at home!

I do not own any nail polish like this, it's a deep red base, not black, with red glitter and it is beaaaaautiful. It's perfectly opaque after one coat and applied like a dream. I've applied it over fake nails so I won't be able to update with an accurate idea on how it withstands chipping but just from the application I get the feeling it is quite a good polish.

Leading Lady is delightfully festive and the perfect party colour. I think I'm now an Essie convert! 

What are your favourite Essie shades; any must haves I should know about? 

Vicky x
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Ooh I'm wearing this polish on my nails right now!! I got it yesterday for ym Christmas party I love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip, i'll pick one up from boots. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura - it's gorgeous isn't it?!

    Betinna - definitely do - it's so pretty.

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig