26 December 2012

Outfit Inspiration: New Years Eve Dresses



Christmas may be over but the parties are far from finished. With New Years Eve rapidly approaching here are a few of my favourite dresses for the big night. I scheduled this post before Christmas so many of these items may now be in the sale and if there's one thing I love more than a dress it's a dress on sale!

Oasis Embellished Dress
I picked this gorgeous dress out just before Christmas as one of my presents and I'm so glad I did. The green is a stunning colour and unlike anything I own. The half embellished neckline and open back are super unique and the dress feels really well made. As gorgeous as this dress currently looks with black tights and ankle boots, it's going to be a beautiful dress to wear in summer too.

Warehouse Feather Hem Dress
With it's chiffon and velvet panelling, keyhole opening at the back and feather skirt this dress ticks tonnes of fashion boxes. Factor in that it feels really well made (I've admired it for a long time but I'm not sure I can pull it off) and you've got the perfect party dress that will see you through many more nights on the tiles.

Topshop Knitted Strap Back Bodycon Dress
I love the colour of this Topshop dress and the cutout detailing on the back is a subtle nod to the cutout trend that's been everywhere this year. I think this would look gorgeous with a pair of killer heels and a cute clutch bag.

Nina Sequin Dress by Jones and Jones
This daring red dress is one for the braver ladies amongst us - it's certainly eye catching! I love the colour and cut of this dress. As with many dress by Jones and Jones, the dress has a fitted waist and a big skirt supported by meshing. I personally adore this style and think it's super flattering and girlie.

Lipsy VIP Waxed Lace Feather Dress
I love Lipsy for party dresses and this nude lace and feather dress ticks a tonne of boxes for me. Firstly the lace and feather are super on trend, secondly the colour is right up my street despite my inability to avoid spilling things down myself even at the grand old age of 22 and finally because you can wear it all year round with different accessories or colours.



AX Paris Sequin Kick Out Dress
I saw this dress in New Look about a month ago and it was love at first sight. I have the AX Paris Lace Kick Out Dress and I just adore the style and the full skirt and nothing says party like sequins - it'll be your LDB for many parties to come.

Celeb Boutique 'Fergie Remix' Coral Bandage Dress
This dress is inspired by the gorgeous creation Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas wore some time last year. The colour is absolutely stunning and I love the fringe accent detail. Celeb Boutique dresses are really well made and this dress is perfect for a party. I've ordered it myself!

Monsoon Lavinia Flapper Dress
Monsoon probably isn't the first place people under a certain age look for a dress but there's one at the tube station I pass through to go to work and I always have a little browse which is how I discovered this classy little flapper dress. Pictures don't do the beautiful beading and sequin detail on this dress justice. The colour and shape are exceptionally flattering and this dress would look perfect with a red lip or a traditional 1920s look.

French Connection Alexis Sequin Dress
This dress reminds me of the exceptionally popular Samantha Dress that French Connection sold last year but with it's long sleeves, slightly burnished colouring and a more subtle neckline, it's like the grown up Samantha dress. French Connection are always one of my first stops for dresses, they're pricey but the quality is just superb; they'll last ages!

Warehouse Studded Bodice Dress
This is a twist on the classic LBD and it certainly caught my eye when browsing Warehouse both in store and online. I just love the back of this dress, it's always the little details that make a dress for me.


Whatever you do for the remainder of the Christmas period I hope you have a wonderful time and a happy, healthy New Year.

Vicky x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig