6 September 2015

Lifestyle | So.. I'm going to be a wedding planner

Over the last few months, well since the start of the year really, I've been spending a lot of time thinking about the future: where I'm going, what I'm doing, what I want to be doing and why. I'm not sure if it's related to the fact I turn 25 on Tuesday (eeek!) or whether it's because I've been with my current employer for nearly three years now but I know that as much as I love my job and my colleagues, I also wanted to try something new and so after many months of research and a lot of list making weighing up pros and cons I signed up to a distance learning course which I can complete in my own time and at my own pace and by the end of it I'll be a certified wedding and events planner!

All very exciting and also quite nerve wracking. With the exception of completing a professional work qualification last year I haven't had my work marked by anyone since I left university and so having to get back into the mindset of learning and creating is going to be a bit of a challenge but I'm really looking forward to it. Another benefit to doing distance learning is that I don't have to give up my job so I can carry on supporting myself financially until such a time that I feel ready to take the leap out on my own.

I'm already full to the brim with ideas and I'm really excited that I'm taking the first steps to taking control of my own life and career progression which granted I already do but I actually have the opportunity to one day be my own boss and make a success of it.


I'm going to bullet point a quick round up of other news because it's been far too long since I actually sat and blogged, I'm scheduling quite a few posts today and I am determined to get back on track. With my course I'll be spending a lot more time on the computer so it should be a lot easier!

  • We very sadly had to have our dog put to sleep after a short battle with cancer a few weeks ago which was very sad but he didn't suffer at all which was the main thing
  • I have my hair extensions back in which I am delighted about
  • I'm on a massive health kick, I want to lose 7.5kg by Christmas
  • On the subject of health kicks, I went to my first barre class recently and I hated every aspect of it, mainly because it was located in a dance studio and I've never met so many frosty pretentious people in one building before so I walked out before it started - life is too short to be in any situation you're not comfortable with
What's new with you all?!

Vicky x


SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your dog, it's so horrible when a pet has to be put down :(
    Well done on walking out of the barre class, if you're not comfortable it's not worth wasting your time on! I just finished my MA and got my first adult job!!
    sirensandbells.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome Katy, well done! What is your new job? X

      Delete
  2. This is why a catch-up is SO needed! Good luck with the course, although I know you'll be fine! Wedding planning is totally up your street too, you'll be perfect!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really do! Let's get that date in the diary xx

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your puppy, but this is incredible. I cannot wait to hear all about it. I did events in UNI and loved every second of it, I hope you do too!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you doll! I hope that I enjoy it, so far so good!! Xxx

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about your dog but it’s great to know that you are going to become an event planner. I am also a planner and my first project at one of the most popular NY venues was brilliant. Everyone loved my work. I am sure you’ll also have big success!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments ♥ If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Twitter @VickyAtBBB x

© The Blogging Brunette. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig